Thursday, June 3, 2010

Trip to ATX

Lauren and I headed to Austin on Thursday to visit some friends and family in the area. It was LISD's last couple days of school and I wanted to see some of my former students as well as visit with my mom and brother.

Lauren and I went to Vista Ridge first to see some old co-workers of mine. I miss the Ridge and that family! What a wonderful school and I was SO lucky I was able to work and coach there. I still miss it...

We stayed for the faculty lunch and then headed over to Kids R Kids to say hello to Heidi, Hansa and Nery. Heidi is on bedrest, so we didn't get to see her, but we were able to play with Nery for a while and say hello to Hansa. They are both such wonderful women with so much love for the little babies they care for!

Nery was so happy to see Lauren and Lauren recognized her and played with her for a while. It was fun. Lauren's classmates had moved up 2 suites in the short time we have been gone and it reminded me how much I have been able to experience being home with Lauren. I love that she is home with me everyday. I think KRK is great, but it is just not the same as being home with mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment