Sunday, June 13, 2010

Train Ride and Joe T. Garcia's

Jason and I have been wanting to take Lauren back down to ride the Forest Park Train since our first attempt was rained out. Today was perfect weather and we had been planning it for a week... Given Lauren's attraction to trains, we knew she would enjoy it...and she did... for the first 30 minutes. The last 10 were a bit of a struggle. It is hard to sit still for so long when you are 14 months old!



















We finished the train ride in a bit of a fit, but quickly cheered up when we went to Joe T. Garcia's for some wonderful Mexican food. Lauren out-ate us, but it was worth it to see her gobble up her lunch! We generally captivate a small audience wherever we go-I like to think it is because Lauren is so adorable...Today, we had two couples stop by our table to comment on Lauren. The first was a preschool teacher and her husband who said that Lauren was "exceptionally smart." Another woman who was a nurse came over after Lauren had eaten a bowl full of strawberries with a fork. She said that her skill with a fork is "practically unheard of at her age" (she doesn't realize how much practice Lauren gets since she eats so often!) That made Jason and I feel good that someone other than the two of us think she is pretty awesome. I especially enjoyed seeing Jason's reaction to these strangers who gave her such praise. I get comments fairly regularly about Lauren but it was great to see jason experience it firsthand also. She is pretty darn amazing if I do say so myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment