Tuesday, June 29, 2010

15 month check-up

Lauren had her 15 month check-up today. As always, the doctor is impressed with her. She did exactly what he asked and it was great when they ask the development questions...yes, yes, for months, always... He was not worried at all that she isn't saying many words- they are only looking for comprehension at 15 months and she clearly has that down! She babbles all day and has several words in her vocabulary. She knows how to sign and she is "obviously very smart" according to the doctor. She was all over the place climbing and was otherwise a great patient laughing and showing off...until the shots came! For the first time she was very, very upset. It took her a long time to calm down and that made me more upset...I did give her a dum-dum lollipop from the bowl at the check out. That made her happy- or at least it distracted her for a few minutes!

Lauren weight 22.2 pounds which is the 37th percentile for weight. She is 31.25 inches tall which is the 75th percentile for height. Her head circumference is 18.5 inches which is the 77th percentile. I guess due to the fact that her height and weight percentiles are so far apart the doctor made the comment that she needed to gain weight. I double checked and asked if he was sure. She has all these rolls still (which I absolutely adore!) and is far from starving or even skinny. He said, "shovel the food in"... huh?! She is a great little eater! Whatever. We are going to keep doing what we do - eating tons of fruit, vegetables, yogurt, protein and healthy foods- with the occasional ice cream or Sonic slush :) Lauren really is a great eater and eats such healthy foods. She has never eaten a french fry or chicken nugget- nor do I plan on introducing those foods anytime soon. She would rather have an orange than a cookie. She dips her french toast and waffles in yogurt and doesn't like syrup or jelly. Anyway, my point is that I am not going to change anything about how she eats and I surely won't be doing any shoveling...

The doctor didn't seem concerned with all her bruises after seeing her move around the the office...she is a bit clumsy, but she has no fear and bumps and bruises don't slow her down. He will check on it again at 18 months, but if it continues to be a problem we will do some testing to determine if she has a blood disorder or perhaps low iron levels. For now she is just a very happy toddler with a few bruises!

No comments:

Post a Comment