Thursday, June 17, 2010

2nd "word"

Today at Little Gym when the bubbles came out, Lauren pointed at them and said "Bu-Ba" - I wasn't the only one who heard it and we were all quite impressed...

Okay- so she has a little work to do on the pronunciations and enunciations, but she is getting there... this is leaps and bounds of progress from earlier weeks. She has just not been interested in speaking much until recently. I have heard kids usually progress in speech or activity quicker- and Lauren is definitely way ahead of her time as far as physical abilities and agility. She can out climb some 2 year olds and can balance, swing from a bar and pull herself up.

One of Jason's customers also told him that Lauren may be slow to speak because she has no need to right now - I am with her so much I know everything she is thinking so she doesn't need to say anything. I guess that is true... I very rarely wonder what Lauren wants/needs...

Anyway, she is starting to talk...and it is so exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment