Monday, January 23, 2012

Tangled

Tonight we had to give Lauren's Tangled doll a haircut because her hair was, well…tangled! Very, very tangled! What toy company makes a doll with fake hair that is over a foot long for little kids to play with?! Really…that is just asking for disaster.

Anyway, I gave Lauren the option if she wanted me to cut Tangled’s hair or if she wanted me to put it in a pony tail forever. (She thinks the princess’ name is Tangled, so that is what we call her). I couldn’t deal with the long strands falling out all over the place and the tangled mess her hair was becoming… the hair was wrapped around her face and arms and every other place! Lauren didn’t like the pony tail idea, so she agreed to let me cut the doll’s hair.

I cut the doll's hair to her mid-back...then the crying began. She was so upset when she realized that the hair could not go back on and it was gone forever. She was slightly hysterical and I felt horrible. I tried to convince her it was going to be okay…I told her how pretty Tangled looked but nothing I said was working. Then all of a sudden she stopped crying and said, “her hair is short like in the other part?” I realized Lauren remembered that Tangled cut her hair in the movie. Lauren was instantly happy despite the huge tears still rolling down her cheeks. We talked about the movie and how Tangled cut her hair and was still a beautiful, happy princess.

Me: She looks gorgeous with her new haircut!
LF:  Mommy, what is gord-uss?
Me: Really, really beautiful, just like you.
LF: Oh, and you too.

I love that girl.

Lauren was also happy when she found out Tangled could come take a bath with her now that her hair was of a reasonable length! 

No comments:

Post a Comment