Sunday, January 15, 2012

Lauren's dreams

Lauren just woke up crying and when I went in to see what was wrong she says, "I want to wear my gatt sippers" (I want to wear my glass slippers) I told her she could wear them in the morning. "Why?" and before I had time to explain that princesses don't sleep in their glass slippers, she fell back asleep.

Two nights ago, she woke up crying, but when I asked her what was wrong, she cried, "You ate all my ice cream all gone." We haven't had ice cream in ages around here...! I told her she was dreaming and to go back to sleep, which she did.

And lately she has been telling us that there are birds in her room and that she doesn't want to sleep in her room with the scary birds. We finally determined this fear was created by the crows at the end of the movie "Dumbo". She does not like that scene and always wants us to fast forward it (I never liked this part of the movie either!) The wind is also very loud in her room, so between the wind and the "birds" she has been a little scared of her room lately.

It is just so interesting (and sometimes funny) to me to learn about what Lauren dreams about and what wakes her up at night!

No comments:

Post a Comment