Thursday, January 26, 2012

Flying to Austin

In November I signed up to run the 3M half marathon in Austin this Sunday. It was meant to be a girl's weekend away but I quickly realized Colson wouldn't be done nursing and he may have to tag along. Then my mom wanted Lauren to come since I was already making the trip and Colson was coming... So my girl's weekend turned into traveling alone with two kids but we were all excited to see my mom, Wayne, Jeannie, Malinda and hopefully Taline.

Colson has two ear infections so I was nervous about flying with him. We did experience a little ear pain on the first flight, but the real challenge was that Colson does not like to sit still, so keeping a very active 9 month old on my lap for 2 hours worth of flights was beyond hard- especially when I had a 2.5 year old who was being extremely difficult as well.

The kids dressed in matching footed pajamas and I got a lot of compliments on how cute they were, but surprisingly not a lot of help... I had Colson in his pouch and Lauren walked along with us. I decided against the stroller because it adds another dimension of hassle when you have to get it tagged for gate check, fold it up and then wait for it between flights only to repeat the process at the next gate. It was much easier without it now that Colson can sit on his own.

both kids loved looking out the window while we were on the plane!


No comments:

Post a Comment