ANYWAY - I unpacked the potty and put it in the bathroom. I took her diaper off and sat her on it, but before long she was climbing on it and having fun sitting and putting the lid up and down. I left to go throw away the box and when I got back, she had peed in the potty. Jason and I clapped and got so excited! Lauren got up clapped and then stuck her hand in the potty. As we were laughing and trying to stop her, she stuck her foot in it. Oh boy! Jason quickly disappeared and left me on clean up duty. Thanks honey...
This morning after breakfast I took Lauren to sit on the potty just to see what she would do. She sat for a while and then asked to brush her teeth. So we brushed her teeth while she sat on the potty. When we were done, she got up and she had pooped in the potty!
I know this is not potty training and it is total coincidence that she has done this, but it is exciting on its own level! I will post a picture soon of the princess on her throne...!
This is AWESOME news!!!!!! Maybe she is more ready than you think? This is how it all starts - little bit here and there. Now B never put her hand or foot IN the potty but I assume it's only natural for YOUR child who 1) loves to get into small spaces (maybe she thought she could fit her body in there?) and 2) Loves water (liquids!)
ReplyDeleteKeep bringing her when you go and sit her on there - you never know, she might pick it up quick. There will be accidents and it can be a pain but it's all part of the process. She won't be going to kindergarden wearing a diaper!
YAY for Lauren and her pottying!!!!!!!! Good Luck!
cute story.. who knew it would be so fun to read about poop and pee ha ha
ReplyDeletelove, tina