Wednesday, May 12, 2010

New Art Desk

Lauren got up early today which meant she went down for a nap early... she didn't sleep too long so when she woke up it was only 1:30... usually the time she is going to bed! I knew I had a long afternoon ahead of me so I got out the crayons and set up her new art desk (which I got at a consignment shop for $4!!). Setting up took 5 minutes. She was interested in coloring for about 10 minutes. Then it was time to put the crayons away and silly Lauren appeared. She would put two crayons in the box and spill them out. Every time I thought we were almost done picking up the crayons she would dump them out. We spent a good 45 minutes trying to put all the crayons away. Lauren finally wanted to go outside and play, so that was her motivation for cleaning up.

She also had her first time out for not listening to me ask her to "sit down please...we don't stand on our desks. Lauren sit down please." She looked at me, smiled and stood up on the top level of the desk. As it started to fall over I scooped her up and put her in her room with the baby gate up. She wailed for 10-15 seconds (which seemed like an eternity for us both!) and then she came back out to play. She hasn't tried to stand on her desk again!





1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, just the beginning of the "testing mommy & daddy" stage....we're still in it! It is not fun...since time-out no longer work and she thinks they are actually fun these days she gets things taken away as punishment......it's one thing after another - good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete