Saturday, May 22, 2010

My kid is smart. period.

Last week I bought Lauren a couple new books and one of them was a nursery rhyme book. It has a few rhymes that I sing and I think that is why she loves that book...Lauren points at the dog when I say "Frogs and snails and puppy dog tails"; She giggles before the piggy goes "wee wee wee all the way home"; She claps when I turn the page for "pat-a-cake" and she twinkles her fingers for "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". It is so cute!

After seeing how much she enjoyed it I tried to think of other rhymes and songs to sing. The Itsy Bitsy Spider was the first one I thought of because we had a little book of it also which I had read to her twice before. So I started to sing the song and she gets up off my lap. She goes over to the bookcase and I am thinking...there is no way she is getting that book...but she did. She brought me the Itsy Bitsy Spider book. Wow.

I did the same thing tonight and she brought me the book again. I guess she thinks I can't sing the song without the book. She also loves the BINGO book...

Tonight I asked her to bring me the Barnyard Dance book (which happens to be my favorite book to read). I started to say the first page or two from memory and she kept looking at me and looking at the bookcase. Then she brought me the book! Okay, I know every mom thinks their kid is smart, but my kid is smart! Jason says, "All that proves is that she understands English". No, my kid understands English AND she is smart!

No comments:

Post a Comment