Sunday, May 30, 2010

Rice Bucket

I am totally repulsed by sand boxes and all the bacteria, bugs, worms and germs they contain. So, I made Lauren a "sand box" with rice... It will get bigger as she gets bigger, but for now, this was perfect and she had so much fun with it. The rice feels so neat on your hands too. If she eats it it won't hurt her and it is clean (for now!) I bet I could even wash it...

Anyway, Lauren had so much fun finding buried treasures I hid, pouring the rice into different containers and just playing in it. She also figured out that it makes a neat sound when you throw a handful of it onto the plastic mat she was playing on...But it was easy cleanup- we just poured the rice from the mat back into the bin. What a fun activity for a 14 month old!




No comments:

Post a Comment