Prior to having Lauren I was a multitasking, over-committed wife. I worked 10 plus hour days, worked out, kept up with the house and bills, the dogs...and the list goes on- and then I did all this while pregnant. When I first had Lauren life was crazy also...we had the new baby crazies...I can remember the fuzzy brain from not getting enough sleep...but I also remember for the first time in my life I had to stop-and drop everything. I retreated to my chair and fed my baby. These are the most precious moments I can remember in my life. The world stopped. There was no multitasking...it was just me. and my baby. period. I treasured these moments. I looked forward to returning home from the store or work and going to sit in our chair and just be. together. It was wonderful. It was blissful. It was what I imagined heaven might feel like. I know- I sound crazy...but for the first time I really had to stop and be present and it was so wonderful.
I strive for this everyday with my little angel, who has already taught me so much about this world. But Lesson #1 is: Be Present. The world will wait while I raise this little one. I don't need to multitask or do anything else. The world can wait while I give everything I have to this blessing God gave me. And the world does.
And now, well, I still make sure to be present for her everyday. I treasure every moment together. No, I can't breastfeed her forever (9 months was it), so I am now finding new ways to make the world wait. For now, at 13 months it is playing outside and appreciating the life around us. It is laughing and giggling for no reason at all. It is splashing and washing in the tub. It is reading books. together. in our chair.
and the world just waits...
oh Erin this site is so beautiful! You a so good at getting up frequent post with lots of pics to help us get a weekly dose of Lauren. Your "Life Lesson " almost made me cry.. so true are your words. Thank you for sharing your baby and thoughts with all to enjoy!
ReplyDeleteI love the new look and this entry is just lovely. You will definitely need to preserve the archives to Lauren can read them when she's older. Very special, indeed.
ReplyDeleteTo realize those things just says how great of a mother you are. I'm trying to not let life consume me. It's not an easy thing to do. Be present...I like that!
ReplyDelete