Thursday, August 30, 2012

what a week!

It is no secret that Jason travels a lot, so that leaves me with taking care of the house on my own a lot of the time. I can usually handle everything that happens during the week, but this week threw me a few curve balls. 

I was in the kitchen Tuesday night and saw something run across the floor out of the corner of my eye. I thought it was a mouse, but when I looked up I was shocked to see it was an enormous spider! eek!! I tossed a tupperware over the top of him (it took me a couple tries because I didn't get too close) then called my neighbor. Her husband was asleep, so she came and took care of it for me. Bless her heart. I definitely owe her some cookies! 

Wednesday morning I got up to leave for work and my car wouldn't start. I was parked in the garage, so there was no way to jump it so Jason sent a rescue team from the dealership to help me. I didn't know that having the keys in my purse in the car would  kill the battery. 

Then Thursday night the kids and I were in the driveway playing and eating watermelon. Lauren says, "mommy, what's that green thing?" Let me just make a point that when your daughter asks about 400 questions a day, has multiple imaginary friends and is overly dramatic about just about everything, you don't always think much of "green things". I was busy looking for Loudoun's collar so he could come outside with us, so I wasn't paying a ton of attention...the first time she asks, I reply, "I don't know honey....just a minute and I will come look." Still not worried or thinking anything of this "green thing". Then she asks again...and something in me told me to go check it out...It was a big snake about 3 feet from where the kids were sitting. I rushed them inside much to their confusion and we continued our "watermelon picnic" in the backyard! Whew! 
 


and I haven't even mentioned the adventures with whiny, clingy toddlers and overly-dramatic 3 year olds I have dealt with this week. never a dull moment... but still very blessed and so thankful as I know it could be so much worse...I am saying a lot of prayers for a lot of people these days...




No comments:

Post a Comment