Lauren often tells me things hurt all the time- she is a classic drama queen... I have had to set up some boundaries like band-aids are only for when we are bleeding and help her realize that every bump is not worthy of an Oscar award winning performance on how much it hurts. It really depends on her mood and how tired she is as to how much something hurts. So tonight as we were going to bed she was telling me her tummy hurt- which really is a common complaint from her since she doesn't eat dinner half the time and I think she is hungry. Anyway, I reminded her she should eat her dinner tomorrow so her tummy wouldn't hurt and that if she went to sleep it would feel better. She fell asleep.
Around 1 am she comes in saying her tummy hurts and since Jason is out of town I think she is trying to come up with a reason to get in bed with me- which is also very common. I take her back to bed and tuck her in. About 3 am she comes in again with the same complaint. I am so tired I let her in bed with me...she tosses and turns and keeps me up. I scold her several times for being so wiggly and that she will have to go back to her own bed if she doesn't go to sleep because I need my sleep... eventually we both fall asleep around 4 am. About 4:45 am I am woken up by her crying and throwing up on me, all my pillows and our bed. so gross... lesson learned: When your child says, "mommy, my tummy hurts" it might be wise to pay attention!
It seemed like Lauren had the same bug Colson had, but she didn't throw up the rest of the day. I thought we were over it, but she and I both woke up Saturday morning throwing up and feeling sick.
No comments:
Post a Comment