Saturday, August 28, 2010

Mommy's Special "Pops"

I don't buy Lauren popsicles from the grocery store. They all have sugar as their first ingredient, contain high fructose corn syrup or have artificial dyes (or all of the above!). I bought a cheap popsicle maker and did juice pops for a while, but was recently inspired by a blog I follow to get these new popsicle molds and make smoothie pops for Lauren. 

Orka 4-Ice Pops

I just blend greek yogurt and strawberries and then freeze them. She doesn't know any different and loves them! They aren't super sweet, but I think the fun is in having a frozen treat anyway, so she never misses the sugar! I have some recipes for some more creative "pops" as Lauren calls them, so we'll see what I come up with next... 

Lauren loves her "pops" and asks for them often! 

Yummy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment