Colson is 20.5 months old now...and Lauren is 2.5 months from being 4. I know there are so many influences and circumstances that contribute to their differences in personality and preferences, but mostly I like to think about how fun it is to have such different kids. They are both so unique and fun!
Colson loves to point out all the cars and trucks when we drive. He says "ma fruck" (my truck) and "ba fruck" (big truck) a lot. He still doesn't attempt to say the word car, but prefers to make the "car sound". Colson is so vocal and is nonstop chatter. I understand about half of what he says and sometimes I just have to tell him I don't know what you are saying! He says the same phrase over and over again and probably thinks "okay mom, I have only said...15 times in the last 30 seconds, why don't you understand?!" But he does have a pretty good vocabulary of words we can all understand and it increases every day.
I don't remember ever thinking that I didn't understand what Lauren was saying. She was a late talker and used a lot more sign language and body language to communicate what she wanted. I usually knew what she wanted before she did and took a lot of the guess work out of it - which also never forced her to speak at an earlier age. So this is fun with Colson hearing him have whole conversations with us in his own little language.
Other parents are always surprised Colson is so young when they see him playing on the big playscapes and playgrounds...nothing really stops him- and if a step is too high for him to climb, he asks his big sister for help. She is such a good big sister, and will assist him getting up and down from the steps. She also sticks up for him when other kids take something he is playing with. The teachers at the gym are always telling me what a good sister she is and I am so glad! I really hope these two grow up to be best buddies!
Lauren is such a sweet girl and always so compassionate. Whenever someone is sad she is the first to comfort them. She will hug them and tell them she will make them so happy- and she usually does- either by saying or doing something silly.
Lauren loves to chew gum and will randomly let people know this when we are out. She is at the age when you never know what she is going to say or how she will interpret a situation. She has a little crush on her coach at the gym. He is probably about 20 and really good with the kids in their sports class. You can tell he loves coaching them and they all adore him. Lauren talks about Coach Grant all week and smiles and flirts whenever we see him at the gym.
Lauren is also taking swim lessons and doing so well. She is swimming on her front and floating on her back with no assistance for short distances. Both kids love to swim and Colson is only wearing a puddle jumper half the time now. He is getting pretty comfortable in the water and could care less when he goes under water. Swim lessons for him are up next!
Lauren is really obsessed with dying right now. Not in a tragic way, but she will ask numerous times a day, "Is the guy singing this song alive? So he didn't die, right mom?" or "We are going to be so careful so we don't have a car accident and die. Then we won't be alive anymore". All of her babies and stuffed animals that she loves on have recently lost their families also. She announces that "Her family got dead and we are their family now. okay mom?" whenever she plays with a new "pet" or baby doll.
Both my kids love to hang- on anything... door handles, handicap railings, counter tops... I must say, "don't hang on that, it isn't a jungle gym" at least once a day.
Speaking of other sayings I say a lot..."No roaring at the table" My kids love to pretend they are lions and roar at each other. It is actually quite comical but not great table manners!
No comments:
Post a Comment